"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
Joshua 24:15

Thursday, 16 February 2012

Job Done!

Finally we have all the painting work done. Jasmine and I managed to get the stairs and landing done in one afternoon and without to many hiccups ( sorry Mr J there are a few blue spots on the carpet! Have you found them yet?).

The stairway has quiet a high ceiling and usually Mr J gets the big folding ladder/ scaffolding thingy out and does that bit but as he was away working Jasmine and I would have to come up with another way of getting to the high places. I was not willing to climb on the ladder and Jasmine just wasn't willing to fetch the ladder!

As you can see the professional decorators we are we always make sure things get covered and protected, NOT!

A nice close up of the 'Shepherd' cross stitch I did many years ago.

Now valspar being the generous paint company that they are (note free  stirring stick in last blog post) leave a little area on the lid of the paint can for you to put a little dab of paint on so you know what colour paint is in your can. As you can see we won't be needing this free gift from valspar,think we will be able to tell what colour is in the can.  thanks for the thought though.

Now back to those high places. We came up with the genius idea that if we frog taped the cutting in brush to the end of the broom handle we may be able to reach the coving at the top of the stair. This worked , not the best cutting in I've done but i will probably be the only one that ever notices it. Although all that visit after reading this are now going to be looking! After the cutting in we just attached the roller to the broom handle and we had the job done. Women's logic, no messing for ages getting the folding ladder thingy at the right angles and heights and then still having to stretch to get to the top.

Blinds back up and pictures back in place and everything just looks a lot fresher and ready for spring.

Oh silly me mentioning spring! This was how our journey to school looked last Friday. Beautiful while it lasted. Although I am now looking forward to those first days of spring when I can hang my washing out on the washing line.

Since we had a new colour on the walls in the entryway I felt we could do with an update on some of the pictures. Had seen a few ideas on pinterest that I thought I could make so printed out some word art but wasn't happy with them being printed on just plain coloured card and thought about printing them onto patterned scrap booking papers. only wanted to print a couple of picture so didn't really want to travel all the way to swindon to hobbycraft to get paper so thought I'd try printing on wallpaper. Now in England DIY stores allow you to take up to 1m of wallpaper for free to try at home to see if you like it before you commit to buying rolls of paper. Off to local DIY store to find some paper samples and came away with two samples of damask patterned paper one was a flat shiny paper and the other a raised flock paper. Had no idea if this would work but it was free so no harm in trying.

Cut the papers down to A4 size and into the printer they went. This was the flocked paper and a free printable from  http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2011/05/filler-print.html

Sorry about the picture quality on this one. This was the shiny damask which you can see through each of the letters. This was a free printable from 
http://weheartit.com/entry/8765214 .
Wall painting has finished at Nuthatch for a while I think but furniture painting will be next on the agenda.

God Bless You. xx

1 comment:

  1. Wow Dawn!! Love the damask wallpaper and what you did with it!! You go girl!