"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
Joshua 24:15

Saturday 22 October 2011

Old and New Made by Hand.


Lots of pictures but not many words in this post! A few things I have re purposed and a few things I have made myself.



Bought at a charity shop for a few pounds. Knew it had potential.





A few coats of paint and a scrap of wallpaper as a new topper and a few coats of PVA to seal the top. Job done.




You have to love it that DIY shops in the UK don't mind you taking a few bits of wall paper samples to try at home. My samples always seem to get reused in one way or another.


Laura Ashley wallpaper samples framed and a cross stitch i did nearly 20 years ago! Amazing how the 'Voice of the Shepherd' was calling me even back then.



The same Laura Ashley pattern but as a fabric this time. 1m of fabric can make 2 of these simple blinds. Mr J has just asked me where is that blind in our house??  He actually passes it every time he goes up the stairs!



Art work created by my son for some school projects.



Aynsley loves stenciling and he mixes different stencils to make some of his art pieces,as below.



We seem to have quite a few unusable skateboards  lying around our garage so Aynsley following in my footsteps sees a re purpose use for them, artwork . I'm thinking of mounting them on his wall and using them as shelves.


This cross stitch I started just before we actually got married. It took a little longer than I expected to finish,2 years!!


A close up of the beading along the bottom of the brides dress.



Jasmine is convinced that this is her!


I picked this up at a charity shop just a few weeks ago. This is an after shot as i got carried away and forgot to take any before shots. It was a dirty old brass lamp stand with a stained cream lampshade. Painted the base in Annie Sloan 'old white' chalk paint and made a rag shade for the top. Easiest revamp ever.


Have been working on some more projects over the last week or so and will hopefully get round to posting about them soon.xx

1 comment:

  1. What a great post Dawn! Love the remade table, I sure do miss charity shops! How fantastic is that cross stitch! What a precious treasure, and Ansley got talent like his momma and sister! Beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete