"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Old Skool versus New Skool


I have to confess to a few addictions. Books and Pretty china are just a couple to start with. Yes on those two tops shelves there are books stacked in front of books! A big issue for all of you neat freaks I know.






On the opposite side to the couch you can just see in the previous picture we have another book case this one stores ' the special things'  Old books, a whole shelf of Bibles ,old ones,new ones and foreign ones. Some homemade blankets and a few just a few tea sets,  well not even tea sets more like pretty cups and saucers and odd plates. 




It doesn't end there either, in our bedroom there are an abundance of books too. In the Mum cave, OK it's not quite a cave more of a chair and footstool that has a tray full of books on it! It does sit in front of a window so when then sun is shining it is quite nice to sit there with a book and a cup of tea and sit in peace and read for a time.


Then we have beside the bed another stack. Oh my goodness I can see a Indian takeaway menu sticking out of the stack!!


Mr J being a neat freak thinks he has found the perfect solution to my addiction!! The Kindle!! what a genius piece of kit. It goes with me everywhere and with the ability to store three and a half thousand books on it you would think I was cured. We will have to wait and see. I plan on going through my book collection and maybe passing some on to friends or donating them to our local bookshop or even setting up a book swap at our church.


Must dash as looking at these picture really has made me think I need to sort out those shelves. Although  it may have to wait as I have painting and sewing jobs that need to be finished first and I can't see that the book shelves will be a quick task as all you book lovers will know that I will have to  read a few pages from each one of those books that is going just to remind me of the time we spent together.

No comments:

Post a Comment