"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
Joshua 24:15

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Paint Job 1

This weeks jobs around the house included painting the bathrooms. Jasmines bathroom had been painted just before Christmas but the other two hadn't been painted since we moved in so were still builders magnolia.

Before.


We always seem to have an abundance of half used cans of paint in the garage so i knew we could mix a colour up to get our en suite done.  Our bedroom is painted in Farrow and Balls 'stoney ground' and I knew we had some of that left over so planned on using that. When I looked inside the can there was less than half left so knew I would have to mix it. As stoney ground is quite a dark colour this would not be a problem as I planned to mix with some white and this only slightly lightened it as you can see in the above picture. Unmixed paint above the door ,lightened paint on the side.

After.

The job took a little longer than anticipated as after mixing the paint I realised that the white paint had lots of little lumps of paint in. No matter how much I mixed the lumps would not disappear so it was a case of picking all the lumps of paint off the wall as they were rollered on!!!! There was no way that I was going to waste Farrow and ball paint!! 
Paint job 1 complete ,today's paint job is the family bathroom. While Mr J and I were at the DIY store yesterday to pick up a new roller we noticed that some of the paints were on offer. Brilliant this meant that I could get both paint jobs done in one week.  I wasn't quite sure what colour I wanted to do the family bathroom so it was nice to get Mt J's opinion . Mr J is very good and leaves all the decorating choices to me. Although he has said NO black wallpaper in the downstairs WC!! We have been looking at show homes over the last week or so and I saw this fantastic black bathroom in one of them .  However I do agree that it would not really look right with the rest of the decor in our house. 

This was the colour we chose for the family bathroom. Off to don my painting attire and get the job started.

God Bless You.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment