"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
Joshua 24:15

Friday 20 January 2012

sew sew sew!


Just one of those days where I have a bazillion things do but decided I would get one of my sewing projects done.  It was on my list of things to get done at some point but not quite at the top of the list!!


The above chair was originally purchased for Arianes bedroom but she soon fell out of love with it so it was relegated to our bedroom. Black is not in our colour scheme so a white baby shawl was covering it. The shawl was a little to beautiful to be used as a chair cover so I decided that a slip cover was needed.  Had looked at buying one but there was no way I was going to pay that kind of money when I knew I could make one myself.


Old pair of curtains from Jasmines fabric stash and we were up and running. Didn't have a pattern so I thought I'd just pin everywhere that needed darting and dart it!!



Quite pleased with how 'almost' level those join lines are.


A hand gathered skirt for the bottom of the chair. Note to self get a gathering attachment for the sewing machine!!


One afternoon and one and a half pairs of curtain later, job done. Finished off with a crochet pillow.


The crochet pillow was going to be a blanket when I started but soon got fed up with having to change wools to often so a pillow it became. Sewing project 1 complete now for project 2.


This was what project number 2 started life as. A pure wool cardigan that I had managed to shrink in the wash and a blouse that had a hole in the sleeve.


Now little rectangular cushions for our bed.  Used the blouse to make the back of the pillows and the little rosettes and the cardigan including the frill on the cardi became the front of the pillows.


Some vintage buttons added to the look , just used the already made holes in the pattern of the cardi as button holes.

In place on the bed.


Pillows always look lost on our bed as it is a super king size bed and in this country you cannot by king size pillows. In the picture they all look uneven as Mr J likes big fat pillows and I like  thin feather filled that you can fold down to the size of an A4 piece of paper. Opposites attract but don't make for pleasing symmetrical pictures of your bed.

The painting above the bed was a blank canvas that I decorated to bring the colours in the room together.  I used gold paint for the words and then a gold coloured sharpie for the scripture words around the heart.  When I have more time I think I will paint over it and start again, have got some ideas for a subway art scripture word picture for there.

Something like this one that I found on pintrest from a blog called http://tangiebaxter.com .
 I will be using the same words as in the picture that I already have but will use this style as a template.  Now to get back to the jobs that I should have been doing. Ironing mountain here I come.

God Bless You.xx

2 comments:

  1. Ok Dawn, I seriously need to hire you to make my slipcovers! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Transformation and I'm also adoring your Gypsy Chic colorful crocheted Pillow!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete